Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 12, 2024

Mid August

 

I sat out on the deck last evening. The sky was beautiful. As the sun went down, I could see the color change on the clouds.


The colors deepened briefly.


Kyle went out later to see if he could see the meteor shower but only saw one meteorite. That's the way it is here often. 

The other day Kyle was helping me put the slip covers back on the chairs, and he bumped one of my old plates that hangs on the living room wall. Down it went and end up in four pieces.

I used my china glue and put it back together.








I'll get a photo later today when I hang it back up. 

We finally got all the trim work painted, and I think I've decided on the wall color for my living room and dining area!


It's a yellow tone but not so bright if you know what I mean. I still want the warmth of the color without the brightness. I may change my mind as there are a few colors that I like.


I like the Hawthorne Yellow and Golden Honey.

Or how about Chestertown Buff?


It's fun to decide and I can't wait to have it done! Hopefully soon!

It's amazing how the signs of the seasonal change is happening here. The Sumac is changing color, some of the wild plants, too. In fact the other day I was driving in the rain from Debby, and with the rain and the fields outside my brain was thinking autumn!

Have you ever had that experience? Then, when I got my haircut the other day we scheduled for 10 weeks out and it's mid October! What?

My autumn loving heart is thrilled it is almost here, but also wow! The year is flying by.


2 comments:

Jan said...

It's still well into triple digits and dry here, which is normal for August. Still, the light is starting to look different this time of year and shows that summer is winding down and fall is coming. I can't wait!

Donna said...

Aww, I'm sure Kyle felt bad about the plate...but i'll look good as almost new!
hugs
Donna

Weekend

  We had a nice weekend, with some rain on Saturday, but mostly sunny on Sunday. Good thing too, as we had an outdoor service, and Kamryn ha...