Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Autumn Centerpiece


Autumn arrives this weekend!  Hurrah!  My favorite time of the year.  Being in upstate New York this past weekend really got me in an autumn state of mind because there were some leaves already changing up there.  They will have their peak turning time around Columbus Day weekend and we are usually about two weeks after that.

Yesterday, I decided to put together a centerpiece for the autumn season.  I already had this trough, the white plates, and had make the oak book leaves last week.  I added three amber ball canning jars, with three of Rachel's sunflowers in them, an put a new ceramic pumpkin on top of the plates.






I may still tweak it, but it got compliments from Rachel's boy friend, Wes, when he came to dinner last night.  I always try to make my centerpiece portable, so when the kids' friends come and they want to play games at the table, it's easy to pick it up an move it out of the way.

I'm slowly moving autumn into our cottage.  The temperatures are finally moderating, and I might even get some mums this weekend, and a pumpkin or two, or three!

Have you begun to add autumn touches to your homes?

5 comments:

  1. The centerpiece is autumnal and charming... I like that you’ve found a way to have it all contained for easy removal when the table needs to be used. I’ll have to think of something when I ever get to fall decorating. 🍂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Deanna...this is just lovely....I love the simplicity of this artfully arrangement centerpiece....it's about perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming and cheerful autumn centerpiece!! I have not done a lot of fallifying yet. As much as I love fall, I can't get in the mood this year. It's been too hot and we've been extra busy with the kitchen remodel. I do have mums and a pumpkin on my back stoop and a pumpkin in my living room. Soon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some genuinely interesting info, well written and broadly speaking user pleasant.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...