Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Words To Live By


Words are powerful things.  They can build up or they can be used to tear down.  As we've raised our kids, we didn't allow them to say "shut up" to each other, or other unkind things.  I'm glad we chose that because they've grown up and learned to deal with their differences without tearing each other down with words.

Years ago we decided to have reminders and encouragement around our home.









We like to have these words where we can see them every day.  We have so much to be thankful for, we have such a loving God, but we all need to be reminded of these things.  I'm happy that there are so many beautiful ways to have these reminders in our home.


4 comments:

  1. Love all of your quotes:) We have those scattered around our house too and I love having positive messages to see daily. My daughter has filled her new home with lots also. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the importance of training children to speak kindly to one another! SO important.

    You have good words all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are good words! I didn’t allow my kids to say “shut up” either. So disrespectful. There are, however, a few people whom I inwardly wish would.
    😏

    My sister has such a difficult time with words as art. She says it looks ridiculous...a word here and a word there. (She must hate my house.) I have had to drag her kicking and screaming along. I finally got her intrigued by a Pinterest pin of a wall of word art. It really made a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these words too....I prefer kind words....the world has somehow forgotten the importance of this!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...