Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 24, 2018

Knitting Projects

With the cool, rainy weather we're having (which is a change from the hot, humid rainy weather we had all summer) I've been working on knitting projects in the evening.

I started and finished a cowl on Saturday.  Super easy - I used my size 35 needles and cast on 21 stitches.  I knit 30 rows for this one but you could do more.  Cast off, and stitch the ends together.





Yesterday I started an infinity scarf.  With smaller needles than the cowl, it will take longer but it is the same basic pattern.  I will do more than 30 rows, as the person this is for wants it long.  And I will make it mobius. 

Definition of Möbius strip. : a one-sided surface that is constructed from a rectangle by holding one end fixed, rotating the opposite end through 180 degrees, and joining it to the first end.

The colors are off a bit, as it is a rainy morning.  You may have noticed I took the photos right under the lamp, the evidences of daily life in the photos; a blue ray remote and another rolled skein of yarn.

How did you welcome Autumn this weekend?

16 comments:

  1. Those are both beautiful! I never learned to knit and only know the basics when it comes to crochet. Maybe someday ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't learn to knit until I was in my 40's. Emma learned first!

      Delete
  2. Fall was welcomed very quietly... I like the scarf colors. Looks like Melissa’s Inspired Room today. 🙂 Or she looks like you.

    Just wanted to say that you have done very little chat about the abominable weather you’ve been having all summer and now into fall. I hope that you won’t mind if I pray that it dries up! Enough is enough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors on your scarves are beautiful. I crochet myself, but would like to learn to knit someday. I welcomed fall by getting a spectacular sunburn! We traveled to the Texas Panhandle to a chuckwagon cook-off and I didn't even think about burning until I was already red. It was a brilliant day with blue skies after a hard rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather here in Central Pennsylvania can be either very mild in September or raging hot. I prefer the mild which has come now.

      Delete
  4. Pretty and cozy!! That's a nice way to welcome fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very pretty color. Today's cooler weather for me meant making bread and baking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Makes me want to start knitting again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like having something to do with my hands while we watch a movie or a tv show.

      Delete
  7. This is just gorgeous Deanna...I'll bet it's cozy and warm too! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love the blue! Have a wonderful day dear friend, still not feeling like Fall here in my neck of the woods. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...