Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Two New Things That Are Making Me Happy


Sometimes, its the little things that can bring cheer to our lives!  I found this hanging chair in a local store, and immediately thought this would be great under our big maple trees and that the girls would love it, too!  I didn't buy it that day, but continued to think about it.

I went back the other day, with Rachel, who confirmed that I was right in my thinking about it, and I bought it.  Yesterday, Tim bought a strap with metal rings on it and this carabiner clip so we could hang it.  The strap goes over the branch, the clip is 'clipped' on to it, then the chair is clipped on to the carabiner as well.  This way when it rains, we can go out and unclip the chair and bring it in.  And the tree is unharmed as well.




The girls both sat in it and read yesterday.  I'm delighted with it.

The second happy thing is this travel cup from the Pioneer Woman line at Wal-Mart.



I like to have a cup with a lid, and so I usually keep my large drink cups from Chick-fil-A, but this is so pretty and sweet and will last!  It holds 24 oz and keeps drinks cold!  The lid snaps down firmly and isn't going to be knocked off easily.

Here it is in my hand for size reference.




So there you have it.  Two happy things enhancing my daily life.  

What about you?  What things in your life are bringing happiness?

3 comments:

  1. That chair is awesome! I love the look of it and the idea of sitting under a tree to read sounds delightful. Your pillow adds a cozy charm, too ♥

    I wanted to thank you for the kind words you left on my post this morning. Indeed, next time I'm up in Lancaster, tea sounds wonderful! We're hoping to head back up there next spring as we loved it so much!

    Hope you have a great weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...both! I too saw chairs I loved in a store, left without them and couldn't stop thinking about them. So I went back this weekend and grabbed them, two outdoor wicker recliners, so comfy. They were a bear to put together but worth it. I think I need some pretty floral pillows though...like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...