Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Autumn: Late October Here At The Cottage






I took these photos this morning, around 7:15 am.  The front of the house still in shadow but the trees beginning to catch the sunlight.

This photo was taken around 10:00 am.

I've been wanting to show you my Limelight Hydrangea.  They are lovely colors right now from soft pink to bright burgundy and the lovely lime green.




I've cut a bunch, and brought them into the house.  When they dry out, I'll add them with a bunch that I dried from late summer.  I'm thinking of putting them into a basket on top of the refrigerator.


For now I'll just enjoy their beauty in the living room and my bedroom.


Personal note- Yesterday, I met Cheryl from Thinking About Home for tea.  We found a spot between where we both live and met for the most delightful afternoon.  We plan to do it more often, which is a good thing, because I didn't even take one photo.  Not one.  And the tea room was beautiful. The weather was so lovely, and the drive filled me up with all kinds of autumn goodness.  Can't wait to do it again!

7 comments:

  1. I love the way the hydrangeas change colour. Your are so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hydrangeas are so beautiful as is the foliage just coming on. I am so happy that you and Cheryl planned a day together and that you plan to do it again! Things like that don’t happen without making a plan. 🧁☕️☕️🧁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hydrangeas! Our fall colors did not make much of an appearance this year because of an early snowfall, so I have loved seeing all the beautiful colors around the country. Our trees are almost bare now, and we are starting to get things tucked away for winter...thanks for showing us these beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was all just beautiful Deanna...late October...I cannot beleive we are saying this! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love FALL! The pictures are beautiful! I love hydrangeas, I have blue ones. Hopefully the pink one that was planted will bloom next year. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, fall-filled post. The hydrangeas are gorgeous -- so many lovely shades of color! -- and what a treat to have tea with Cheryl! We are sadly lacking in tea rooms here in New Hampshire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I am back online, I can comment . . .

    YES! I am thrilled that we were able to coordinate our schedules and take some time to spend together. It was a delightful afternoon and it filled my cup! (Not just my tea cup . . . 😉) I am thankful for our friendship!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...