Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, October 28, 2019

Fun Weekend


Saturday we headed to the Poconos to see some fall foliage and have lunch.



 The view from the restaurant is spectacular!

We also went to an antiques store that I like.  Here is the treasure that I found.


This delightful cookbook by Jan Karon.  It was $2.00


This darling purse by Tommy Hilfiger.  It was $1.00!

Three ramekins for .50 cents each!

This darling little tea pot with a saucer for $3.00, marked down from $6.00.  Its going to be a Christmas gift for Kamryn.


I spent a whopping $7.50 at the antiques store.

Yesterday, my cold kicked up a notch so I stayed home from church.  I'm resting, doing self care, and trying to clear my sinuses.

I hope you had a delightfilled weekend.  

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely getaway!! I so love seeing the trees in autumn. I took two road trips last week (you know about one of them! ๐Ÿ˜Š) , not specifically to see the foliage, but that was a wonderful part of both trips! Hey, you found some fantastic bargains in that antique shop! I love that kind of shopping!

    I, too, am nursing a cold today. I suppose it's a good day to rest. Maybe I'll even slip out for coffee and a short leaf-peeping session . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable tea pot! Well you scored on every single thing from the cookbook to the ramekins. What gorgeous views from up there! Hope that the meal was as delicious as the views. This could become a tradition. ๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a lot of fun this weekend. The prices up there are way better than they are here. Great finds! I hope you feel better. Being sick is no fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some lovely things at the antique shop. Kamryn will love the teapot! Glad you had a little getaway, but sorry you've come down with a cold. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finds at the antique shop. I own that Mitford Cookbook. It's a keeper!

    And the view from the restaurant ... amazing! I am so happy that you could have this fun weekend jaunt to the Poconos!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...