Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, November 15, 2019

Friday Five


Today for the Five, I have mediocre photos of my plate wall.  I finally got brave to hang the plates back up on the wall.  I had hoped that Rachel would help me, but she was doing something so I just bit the bullet and got it done! I edited some of the plates I had up here previously and also ended up with a more curved shape and I'm loving it!




1. It's hard to get good photo, and I couldn't keep the doorbell wires out of the photo either!



2. I'm really liking the plates I hung up, and I may add more plates.  You never know.


 3. This is a new plate.  I found it a few weeks ago at Christmas Tree Shops.  I could easily have a million dishes as I love a beautiful pattern.  But by buying one plate to hang on the wall, I can delight in the beauty of the design without feeling like I need to buy enough plates to serve Thanksgiving dinner.


4. This pretty plate is metal and I bought it in Scotland.  It has Victoria and Albert's monogram.


5. This pretty plate was found for me by a friend.  She was at a yard sale and thought I'd like it.  She was right!


I'm thankful it is the weekend.  After hosting a book study with ladies from our church, meeting with the bride whose wedding I am coordinating in late December, sitting with our friends during my friends' heart surgery, and co-op, I'm ready to relax.

Of course, I am thinking about going out to buy an artificial Christmas tree, so how much relaxing will actually happen remains to be seen. {grin}

6 comments:

  1. You certainly have some very attractive plates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your plate wall! You were brave to go it alone, but look how nicely it came out. I really like that large white center platter.

    Are there some good sales on Christmas trees? I have never bought a tree that wasn’t on sale so I hope that you can find one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely arrangement of plates to enjoy all year through. These make for a great focal point. I don't have an arrangement up as of yet, but have some platters that I am wondering where to go with them. Sure like the look!
    Blessings to you and I hope you get to relax.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the wall looks great. Those plates are so fun! I do the same thing , buy just one to feed the need and hang it up!! And I hear you with the photos. I wrestled with my kitchen windows all week and today I finally gave up. Sometimes it is what it is! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great solution to your dish-collecting dilemma! And what a pretty solution too! I love that you have memories attached to many of them.

    Hope you are able to fit in some down time after this intense week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore a plate wall Deanna...I know you must enjoy your collection!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

  I'm loving my deck flowers. Twice in the last few weeks, we've had frost overnight so we've had to bring the flowers into the ...