Today's five is about things that I have been reading. If you like tea, gardening, beauty, the Queen, and daily devotions, like I do, prepare to be inspired.
1. Brenda recommended this book a few weeks back. I found it for about $5 online and have enjoyed the chapters I've read so far. The author talked 13 women while they had tea together and found out about their lives. Very enjoyable.
2. The only magazine I still subscribe to is Victoria. When Hoffman Media took over publishing this beautiful magazine, it went back to its tried and true format. (there were several years when Hearst tried making it more of a monthly woman's magazine. shudder)
3. This beautiful booklet arrived from David Austin Roses. When I signed up I thought it would just be their yearly catalog. It is so much more. There are tips on growing roses, a guide to the sizes of their shrub roses (I have a few that are going to be bigger than I anticipated!), guide to fragrance, how to plant etc. It's full of beauty and garden inspiration.
4. I'm enjoying Angela Kelly's book. It is a fascinating look at how clothing is chosen for events, how they are designed, behind the scenes of the care of items such as the garter robe, the state robe (worn to the opening of Parliment). It's easy and enjoyable reading.
5. I haven't mentioned this book recently, so I thought I'd put it here in my five. Paul Tripp's daily devotional is excellent and encouraging. I highly recommend it.
It's been fairly gloomy here in Lancaster County. Thankfully we've had pretty mild temperatures and so we are getting mostly rain and not tons of snow! Much easier for driving!
Sarah is fever free, and back to work today. She's going to be exhausted this evening but she can get to bed early.
I hope you have a lovely weekend.