Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

My Closet Needs Some Attention

 Yesterday, I spent some time switching my clothes around in my closet.  I have a fairly big closet and not a huge wardrobe, so I am able to keep all my clothes in the closet, and then things like undergarments, tshirts, leggings and pants are in my dresser.

I also have a lot of storage items in my closet, and if I found a different place for them I could fit even my dresser back into my closet where it had been for several years.


it is not set up like this anymore

It is currently in front of a window next to my bed and serves as a night stand with a lamp, and a diffuser on it. So I would need to have a table of some sort or a night stand in its place.  I'd love to put a chair by this window.

I'm going to keep my eye out on FB marketplace.

I've started to store sheets in the guest room closet and I think I can move other storage onto the shelves in there as well, and free up some space in my closet.

I also need to sort through my shoes, go through Tim's clothes and shoes. I have lots of time on my hands and I need a good project to keep my mind and hands busy.

Once I get it down I'll be sure to show you!

Have you made the switch in your seasonal clothing yet?

7 comments:

  1. Like you, I keep all of my clothing in my closet year round. Unlike you, I don't have a big closet (not at all), but since I don't have a huge wardrobe, it works. I love your thoughts about having a nightstand/table and a chair beside your bed. I love a chair in a bedroom. I am looking for a chair for our guest room on Marketplace myself, but I may have to wait a while to find the style/size/color that I want.

    Have fun with your closet refresh! It's always fun to make things better in our homes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an old house with little closet space. So, my winter clothes are in two antique dressers and my summer clothes are hanging up (one of those "box" things) in what little box of a closet we have. Since winter here is tech. 8-9 months of the year, the winter clothes stay out. wink. As for our bedroom, the queen sleigh bed, a rocking chair, the gun safe (tmi) and dressers is all it fits. sigh. Oh and one night stand.

    That dresser looks so pretty though, loveeeeeeeeeeee the color. Hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, keep all my clothing in my closet year round, Deanna. I would dress the same most of the time year round no matter where I lived, so ... I have a small closet, and I keep everything in it except swimwear, underwear and coats. My dresser has been given over to the first two of those categories and to bed linens. Everything else goes on a hanger in the closet, even scarves and belts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deanna~

    It's that time of year isn't it?! I would love to have a huge closet, you are so lucky! I don't really take seasonal clothing out of the closet...here in Idaho I have worn sweaters in the middle of summer. I do like to just refresh them though. So I take my sweaters and jackets out and hang them outside or run them through the dryer on, "fluff". It always feels good when that chore is done. There are so many cute ideas with chairs, give us a peek of what you find!

    Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. My closet always needs more attention that I give it. It feels good to get the clothes changed out. Our weather is still warm here, so I will get this done soon I hope:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of my clothes except for coats, go into my closet and a nearby dresser. I just went through the other day and reorganized. It's always a good feeling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a few cooler weather clothes out but it's been pretty warm here still. It's supposed to cool down this week. We are having a bridal shower tea for my daughter on Saturday so after that I will start working on switching over everything.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...