Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, October 9, 2020

This and That

 As our election is quickly approaching, the crazy is getting crazier.  

I'm praying for us all friends.  Our nation is fragile and we need to get back to the founding principles, stick to the constitution, and love our neighbors.

We've had amazing weather so far in autumn and while tomorrow is supposed to be nearly 80 degrees, its fleeting.  Our trees are beginning to change, and I am hopeful that this year will be a good one for color!




I'm forever grateful for this home and property that we have.  It was definitely a God thing in finding it.  We've owned our home for 19 years now, and still find joy in hearing kids at play, the chickens clucking (even if they do scratch up my cottage garden), the birds singing in the trees.  Kids have played in the creek, ridden horses, played with dogs.  They've learned to shoot BB guns, bow and arrow, and at the gun club have learned firearms safety, and target practice.  Our oldest son hunts every year.  We had big veg gardens here for many years and now I usually just do a tomato or two in a pot, and this year I added strawberries again.

We have a big birthday weekend ahead.  One granddaughter will be four tomorrow, and one will be four on Sunday!  They came less than 24 hours apart but they each got their own birth date!  

Here they are not long before their first birthdays!  The girls shirts are from Old Navy (3 years ago) and say "Loved By My Grandma."

We are grateful for our kids and for our grandkids! What a blessing they all are!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  


4 comments:

  1. I will be glad when the election is over. I hope things calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely piece of property, quiet, too. I try not to slap myself in the head too often, but to learn that those two little granddaughters are already FouR?! Hope they both have happy birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids and grandkids are such wonderful blessings! Such cuties in your last photo. Hard to believe they will be 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, in agreeance. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful thought. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...