Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Good News Among The Not Good News

Our good news is that while dad does have cancer, it is contained and they only need to do surgery to deal with it! Let me tell you we were very happy yesterday.

It was my mom's birthday, too. I took her out in the afternoon. We went to the Amish greenhouse. I got some flowers to refresh a few spots in my pots, and she bought some flowers to pot up for herself. 

Then we went to see Wes and Rachel at work, since I knew that Rachel had something for my mom. It was a beautiful bouquet of cut flowers from a local Amish stand. 

Mom and I decided to go check that Amish stand out, and I bought strawberries. Four quarts of 'seconds' were $16. These are local strawberries and I cut them up and made a yellow cake, again, and some whipped cream. 

It's my traditional cake for my mom's birthday!

Then we came home, and I cooked dinner. We had a good time. Our friend Denny was here, and Wes and Rachel came by, too.

Rachel and Sarah are enjoying spending time together. Sarah flies to Alberta on June 1st, and will be there all summer.

Our school year is nearly finished. I am looking forward to a fun summer. I'm hoping its hot enough to swim a lot. 

Are you thinking of summer yet?




 

5 comments:

  1. Such good news! What a relief for your dad and his family!

    I didn't know that Sarah was going to Alberta? Alberta, Canada where the forest fires are? Maybe there's another Alberta. Will she be doing mission work?

    Happy Belated Birthday to your mom🎈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news for all of you!

    I have the same questions about Alberta as Vee. Will love to hear more about Sarah's summer plans!

    Your mom was well celebrated. Her birthday cake sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your last two posts, SO glad to hear that things are contained. I'll keep you all in my prayers for sure...and Happy Birthday to you mom. The cake sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for your Father!! That's wonderful news...
    Happy birthday to your Mother!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read this about your Dad....will say a prayer for healing....there is always life going on at the cottage and I certainly love reading about it....thanks for sharing with your readers...wishing you a delightful summer ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

  I'm loving my deck flowers. Twice in the last few weeks, we've had frost overnight so we've had to bring the flowers into the ...