Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 29, 2023

Weekend

 


Happy Memorial Day! 

I'm so grateful for those who served and gave their lives in the service of their nation. 

Today we are going to Tim's brother's home for a cook out. This is special because we are often not on the same continent. We also get to meet our nieces' husband. He is from Burkina Faso.

On Saturday, I bought more strawberries from an Amish stand, I'm using them today. Delicious with cake and whipped cream.

We also changed out the bedding on our bed for summer. 


I put my lightweight duvet on the bed without a cover, and changed out the linens. I love to change out my bedding seasonally, do you?

I brought out my Pioneer Woman dishes for summer on Mother's Day when Nate and Kay gifted me with more plates and bowls. Very pretty and cheery!

This photo is from last year, but it shows the variety of plates I have.

We also hung my new buntings. 

We are all set for summer now.  

We've had an excellent year, weather wise, so far. I wouldn't mind some summer heat now, so I can use the pool! We don't have a heater for it, so I am dependent on the sun to heat the water! The kids have  swimming and don't seem to mind the water temperature being in the 70's, I like the 80's better. 


We should have all the permits this week for construction. The first thing to happen will be expanding the drain field, moving and putting in a new septic tank. Then the excavation for the addition can begin.

We are blessed to know good contractors. our excavator goes to church with us, and our builder was in the same fire company as my dad for many years. The electrician we'll use is a friend as well, and our gutters, and garage door will be from friends with businesses, too! I love that we can send business their way.

For those who've been praying for my dad, his surgery will be on June 26. 

As usual, we have a busy week ahead. Kyle starts full time work, I finish school with Kamryn, Sarah leaves for summer ministry in Canada. 

Hello Summer!





1 comment:

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...