Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Anniversary, Construction, and Cancer


Yesterday was my parents 64th wedding anniversary! Dad had an appointment with his oncologist. They got all the tumor, the lymph nodes were clear, but there was a nodule that came out with the lymph that had cancer cells in it.  Drat.
Dad has decided to do a half dose of chemo for 6 months. I hate the thought of him taking this stuff when there may not be any cancer in his body at all. But as he says, he can stop taking it anytime he decides to stop.

We had planned to go out to eat with the family, and I also invited friends of my parents but didn't tell them. It was a good evening.

Tim and Kyle moved the ramp to the front of the house on Sunday. Besides the basement door, this is our only option for going out of the house.



A good chunk of driveway will now be where the garage will be, and a small part is basement. Our existing driveway will be pretty short when it's all done.


This photo below was taken yesterday. Today they are still at it and the masons are here forming up where the concrete will be poured. I think that may happen tomorrow! Block for the walls will be happening on Friday.



It's crazy how fast it's going right now. After talking about it for years, it's actually happening.

Tim is helping as much as he can. He is driving the yellow cat in the photo. 

This is what is happening here. What's happening in your world?

3 comments:

  1. Whew. That's a lot going on in your world, friend.
    Congratulations to your parents on 64 years of marriage! I'm glad they had a happy celebration with family and friends. And I am excited with you about the new construction that is happening!
    As for your dad's cancer . . . I am sorry to hear that he will need chemo and I'll be praying that it all goes well for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting after your wait! It's fun to see all that's happening, and I know you'll enjoy the room and changes. Blessings on your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see all the work starting, hopefully it goes quick now! Congrats to your parents and I'll keep him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...