Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, July 31, 2023

Weekend

 Many of you probably know by now that the dear friend of mine who passed a week ago yesterday, was Vee Swanson. Her blog A Haven For Vee was a popular one, and I met a lot of great blogging friends from the comment section of her blog. Her Note Card Party was really fun. 

{Here} is a link to the post that Abby at Little Birdie Blessings wrote for the family, and there is also a link to the obituary.

   Vee and I were talking about this photo recently and we decided we both looked better now than in 2011! (grin)

Now, to share my weekend.

I have had a lot on my plate emotionally, as well as physically, lately so Tim and I took Saturday to get out of the house and go somewhere new.

We drove down to Saint Michaels, Maryland which is on the Eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. It was a hot day, but it was fun to drive around and see the area.


There were a ton of tourists, and a big traffic accident, so we headed away from Saint Michaels and went toward Annapolis. I thought a drive around the Naval Academy might be fun, but alas there was another accident on the bay bridge.

This made for another change in plans. We popped into an antique store were I fond some silver spoons for $2 and a small picnic style basket for $8. Then we drove down to Wye Island Natural Resource Management Area. We saw turkeys, vultures, and a beautiful buck.

It was a good day spent together.

When I got home Rachel had left a gift for me.


I'd been wanting a new travel type mug to use for daily use. One that has a handle, and she told me about a kind she liked. I came home to one! So sweet of her.

I got more Red Haven peaches on Thursday and we've been enjoying them. 

Today is the last day of July. Amazing. 

Summer is flying by. We'll be starting school soon. But that is several weeks away yet.

I hope you had a good weekend. 


5 comments:

  1. I know you must be dealing with alot of emotion right now Deanna....it will all be okay.....those peaches look amazing.....we are now going to trudge through this extremely hot month of August...my least favorite....and regarding Vee...what a charming soul she was...she will be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing her.....take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of you and Vee.....she was such an amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry about your friend:( Prayers for the family and all who loved her. I love just driving around without any destination planned. That's good around here too, traffic always makes us detour. Enjoy your day and those peaches:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's important to take time away and recharge, especially when so much is happening around you. Glad you were able to get away for a bit. And I'm so sorry about your friend. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will sure miss dear Vee. Glad you could get away and I hope it helped with all that is going on.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...