Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, July 2, 2007

Friends

My friend Sandi and I have known each other since Kindergarten. We became close friends in high school, and stay in touch even now.

A week ago, Sandi's oldest child, a daughter, got married. This girl was a baby at my own wedding. It seems impossible.

Sandi sent me pictures, and oh, it was sweet to look at the faces of her dear family. Her mom, whom I haven't seen in so many years, her sisters, their children, all grown up and parents now.

Sandi and I are the kind of friends who may not talk or see each other for ages, and yet pick right up where we left off. There are not too many of these kinds of friendships in the world, and I am thankful for this one.

So dear friend, congratulations, and talk to you soon. It has been too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...