Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Family


This is Tim's big sister Esther, and her family. She and her husband, Richard, and son Andrew (the tall kid in the back row, who is even taller now!) arrived last night. It is so good to see them! This picture was taken two years ago. Melissa, who writes the blog Elijah's Adventures, is now chasing after that cute boy she was carrying in this picture. Crystal is a midwife near Tampa.
They are on their way up to New York, to the family farm, to spend Thanksgiving with Richard's mom, and for the guys to hunt. They used to live on the family farm when they would come home from West Africa, but the years there thinned out their blood, and upstate New York winters were just too much for them. So they moved to Florida and live near Tim's mom and stepdad, who are in their 80's.
Since we don't see each other much, we were all up too late, but it was good. And we have until lunchtime today, to talk, laugh and goof off.
I promise we will make the most of it!

3 comments:

  1. Aha! No wonder you were not available for bowling yesterday. You were missed.
    I am glad you can spend time with your family.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there to visit too! A baby was born yesterday & again tonight so I've been staying busy. Let me know if you ever want to visit this side of FL. Lots to see… Beautiful beaches…nice weather… =)
    if I don’t ‘talk’ to you before thanksgiving…
    Happy Thanksgiving!!! To you & yours (:Crystal:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Crystal! We would love to see you side of Florida! We probably will head south next year sometime for a vacation, so hopefully we can see the sights!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...