Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An Autumn Day

 Rachel took these photos yesterday.  We worked in the garden, cutting the parsley, picking tomatoes, weeding, cutting things back.


 The Cosmos are blooming and add a bright spot in the front garden.  I have a variety of colors, these are beautiful.


 I made beef stew out of the leftovers of the roast I made on Saturday...Rachel and Sarah made crescent rolls to go with it.  Our friend Denny - Uncle Denny to the kids - came over for lunch...The main reason he came, was I am the seamstress for making parachutes for his rockets!  He and Tim designed a pattern that works really well. He got some new rockets (and gave us his old ones) so he needed new parachutes.  Our church is launching rockets on Sunday afternoon, so it was important that they be done this week.



Kamryn had a great day too.  It is so easy being a baby.

Later in the evening, Kyle got sick to his stomach and one by one our family members, have been getting sick.  So far, Tim, Sarah and I haven't been sick but I don't know how long that will last.  Pray for us will you?  This one doesn't seem as if it is as bad as other bugs we have had...it's something to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...