Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bathroom Project Underway



One project that I hoped to do while everyone is away, was to paint the hall bathroom.  We have had a lovely deep red in there but it was in need of refreshing and I decided to go with something light and garden like.  This is just one coat of a paint and primer combo (it will need two coats over the red!)  It looks a bit minty, but it is not.  The photo was taken at 9:30 pm, and I am pleased with how light and airy it looks already!




With Tim away, our nightly FaceTime dates are the highlight of my days!  We are separated by over 4000 miles, and we can chat in real time.  I love modern technology.


Last evening I was missing him very much and feeling the burden of my responsibilities here.  I am doing not only work but everyone else's as they are all away!  I was having a good cry while we talked, but before we said good night he prayed for me and for our family.  It helped so much!  Also my good friend Cheryl has been praying for me and today I could really feel a difference in my outlook and attitude.  I am thankful.  I also want to add that I do know that others have been praying for me as well! 


Next week we may not get to chat every night.  They will be traveling to the southern part of the country and visiting the area where Tim grew up.  So we are taking the opportunities we have to talk every evening.


That is what is happening here...what's going on with you?

6 comments:

  1. oh technology how I love thee <3 I'm forcing myself to craft again, pushing myself out of my doldrums. How's that for an April project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for Facetime chatting and for prayers, to keep up your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna, it can't be easy, but the good thing is you have plans. If they don't work, make more plans. God and plans work so well. You have Cheryl and many others praying for you and for Tim and all the kids no matter which side of the Atlantic they're on.

    The bathroom is looking terrific. I can't wait to see how you accessorize. Are you shopping the house or just shopping?

    My world? Well I am just back from my walk. John is in the dining room...phew! So life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new bathroom color! Red is my favorite color...but I can imagine that it could get tiring on a large surface (like a wall!). The green will be cheerful too, but in a quiet sort of way. (And, of course, I love a house-y change from time to time. It gives you a new perspective, doesn't it?)

    Glad that you're able to connect with Tim this week...and by next week, it will be that much closer to the time they all arrive home! Maybe everyone can pitch in a give you a chore-free day when they get back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look on the bright side, you don't have to cooks big meal or do all the clean up. No laundry for everyone! Time to do what you want. When you feel overwhelmed , count the positives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wall looks wonderful! What a difference a bit of paint makes...

    Yes, I guess modern technology has it's advantages. ;)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...