Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, April 12, 2012

What A Difference Paint Makes


Last week, I finally painted the hall bathroom.  It was weeks in the making.  I kept talking about it - so since I was going to have so much time on my hands, this seemed like the opportune time to get it done.

Here is a photo of the bathroom with the gorgeous red paint!  I love this color and will use it again one day - somewhere.  But after having it in this small bathroom for 4 years it was time.
 





The red made this room hard to photograph and it absorbed all the light.  This new color a paint color I found at my favorite True Value store called "Hosta."  It is not a gray green as it is photographing nor is it too blue.  I think it is very nice.
 
 It makes the room seem much bigger.


 I found these seed packets at Dollar Tree - they were 25 cents a piece!



 I love this cute bird, too.


 I love having a live plant in the bathroom...


 I am not sure what to do here - I usually have a painting hanging here...I am not in a rush.


 Hello...can you tell how tired I am?  I am doing okay, but am looking forward to my husband and daughters return!


Here is my cute shower curtain...I got it at Target.  It has a cool vintage feel....

Well, there you have it.  My one big project done.

I am happy with it.  I am sure over the coming weeks, I will be doing some tweaking.  I am known for that...

What have you been doing lately?
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! What a lovely, fresh look! I like the new color, and the garden-y accents. I think that it's amazing what you've managed to accomplish during these two weeks when you've been doing your own work plus that of the travelers. Wow!

    Can you now count the hours instead of the days? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! And I LOVE the new shower curtain. And what a cute pic of you too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Do you have hard wood floors in your bathroom? (Swooning...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That came out sooooo well.
    So peaceful and just as you had described.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great to me, and I love the shower curtain. I am trying to remove some light sucking colors from some rooms in this house. (Yep. I have more than a bathroom begging and pleading for help.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is wonderful! Do you use the picket fence for towels? What a great idea that is! I love every single thing about it. You've done a wonderful job, Deanna. Your family will be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice, you did a great job. You have a talent for decorating. Your family will be so proud of you.
    huggs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...