Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, October 5, 2012

Am I Supposed To Be Having This Much Fun?

I mean seriously?

What a great birthday week I've had!  A trip to visit a favorite Auntie, a day in the beautiful Laurel Highlands, a day with my husband on my birthday, and dinner out with my whole family, planned and suggested by my darling older girls, who knew what their Momma needed.

Yesterday, I got to meet a blogging friend.  Cheryl blogs at Thinking About Home. Last October she did a "31 days" series of posts that I started to read and with the first post I knew we were kindred spirits.  She and I started to email back and forth and were instant friends.  I love this about blogging!
 

All year we have wanted to get together, and then two weeks ago she told me they were coming to town for a few days and could we meet?  Are you kidding?  I was so excited and even more so because Tim was on vacation the same week.

We had them come for dinner yesterday - we stuffed them full of good food, pie and coffee and rushed them off to Sight and Sound to see Jonah! They had never been to a production there and were so excited.  I had not seen it since the employee opening which had a few glitches.  It is such a good show.  

We reluctantly said good night in the parking lot.  Finally, our friend Jonathan who works in security came over.  Mentioned it was late, etc...we took the hint, allowed him to do his job and hugged again and left.

I am so delighted to have meet Cheryl in person and her wonderful family.  She has become such a great friend and now we know each other in 'real' life.  







There I am talking while they are trying to get photos!  Cheryl's daughter Kati took photos with her nice camera and they are going to send me some....these were taken with my iphone and cropped in picmonkey.  Also note it was after 10:00 pm.  Thanks for your kindness.  Hee hee!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are having such a great birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help but be a little jealous....

    Happy to hear the whole story. I seriously thought the two of your were related in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! My Jonathan gave you the time to leave message? Oh dear. Just wait until I see him.

    So glad you had a great birthday week and time with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that you've been having such a wonderful birthday celebration. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you have had such a wonderful week!! So neat to meet a blogging friend- I too have one that we chat on yahoo, text one another- we hope we can meet one day too. That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wearing such a big grin! So you all had to be kicked out, eh? =D What fun it must've been to meet Cheryl and her family; I know that it's fun to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Deanna, it was delightful! Just nothing but wonderful from start to finish! To meet you and your beautiful family, to share a meal at your welcoming (and delicious!) table, and to spend the evening with you enjoying that amazing show...well, it's just all good. What a blessing! (And not a serial killer in the lot! ~wink~)

    Thank you so, so much for your generous hospitality! We are back at home this evening, but with precious memories of our days in Lancaster County!

    {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your post and Cheryl's post so much. I think it is wonderful when bloggers get to meet. I enjoy Cheryl's blog very much and have been following her 31 days' posts. Her daughter Kati is a talented photographer. xo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...