Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Great Night Out

Now before you get too excited, we didn't go out on the town, try a new restaurant or anything like that.  We did something much, much better!

Our great night out was an invitation to dine with friends at their home!  Our family of seven doesn't often get invited over for dinner - feeding that many extra people can be daunting.  So go figure that the ones who did invite us are a family of seven!  

We had a wonderful meal - two kinds of lasagna; traditional and vegetarian - so good! salad and garlic bread and a fabulous dessert!

It was fun to have an evening of conversation, watching our friend make soap for their business.  This is great soap and when they get a website I'll let you know.  For now, I sell it in my store so if you are interested in all natural hand milled soap, let me know.

We drank tea and listened to the kids play outside, and headed home late.  

So thankful.

I am thankful for these kinds of evenings, and especially thankful for these friends.

 Sunset last evening from our friends deck.

7 comments:

  1. I've had that veggie lasagna and it is awesome!!

    Glad you had a great evening together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you had a good time. Asher asked this morning- "where are the Rabes?" I told him-they went home..."I want them to come back". So I guess we will have to do it again soon.And then we will be a family of 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful evening. Friends like that are such treasures, gifts from God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite types of outings. Since our girls grew up and moved out for college, we don't do it that much anymore. I need to CHANGE that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special people all...the hosts and the guests. Sounds like a most delightful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many years ago, when we invited a fellow homeschooling family of six (or it may have been seven then?) for dinner, they remarked that they were rarely invited for dinner, as most people are reluctant to invite a large family. I thought that was kind of sad.

    I'm sure you enjoyed your evening out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, I think there is just less hospitality (meals) period - large families or not...How pleasant, how good it is to share these kinds of outings! And I can't think of a better menu for such an occasion than this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...