Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, April 22, 2013

Adventure Is Out There

That's one of our favorite lines from the movie UP.  We love that movie and are always quoting lines like "Mr. Fredrickson?  Do you dig the hole before or after?"  "That is none of my concern."  "It's before!"

Anyway, we are off on an adventure today.  Lindsay and her friend Sarah went to Assateague to see the wild ponies in March, but didn't see them. They had so much fun that they wanted the kids and I to go sometime and today is the day!  I'm driving and they are helping with gas and food.  So fun!

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with a few photos from my weekend.  It was a sweet one.  Saturday was my sweet friend Amy's birthday.  With her husband at work and all their family in Texas, I got her all to myself (well I shared her with her adorable Joshua) for lunch at a tea shop, shopping and lots of fun and conversation!  Thanks Tim for  riding herd on all the kids!


 See Amy's adorable shirt?  She's expecting a baby in late October!



Yesterday was great too.  Lovely sunny but cool weather - just right for a fire.  Hot dogs and s'mores were the perfect way to end a day of fellowship. 





 

6 comments:

  1. You are right, it was the perfect day for a bonfire. It was so nice to relax and fellowship last evening.

    Love that photo of Joshua.
    Amy is truly a sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo of you and Amy! How terrific to have so much fun and good times. Another movie to look for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great adventure! Although a visit to the tearoom and shopping with a friend also sounds like a great adventure!

    I am noticing that some of the men at your bonfire are sans jackets or long sleeves. It was too chilly for bare arms here yesterday! The kids went outside to play and came in with bright red noses. :)

    Let us know how your Assateague adventure was. Did you see ponies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little did I know when I read this post this morning that I would be a part of this adventure! Love you, friend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they saw the horses this time.

    Your friend time sounds wonderful to me. I was just telling my favorite friend that we desperately need a play date.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...