Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello November!


 Oh my!  I am enjoying my Red Sunset Maples in the front yard.  I was unsure a week ago whether we were going to get good color, but then we had a few cold nights and the change was amazing.

Last night it was 27 degrees overnight, and today the leaves are dropping fast!  

I decided I wanted to be able to watch the leaves falling, so I turned our small love seat so we can sit and look out the window and watch the leaves falling.
 Kamryn and I are sitting here in our PJ's, enjoying this beautiful view.

This is a photo from a few days ago.  Before the week is over I think there will be a big pile of leaves under these trees, and kids jumping in them and stomping around.  Simple fun.

October was a very busy month around here, and I've already told Tim my plan for November is less busyness.  I want to savor the season heading into Thanksgiving and then Christmas.

A blog post by Brenda (the link is to an updated version of that post) talking about planning for the holiday we want, led me to make a list last year of things that I wanted for our family to do or enjoy during the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas, so that we didn't get caught up or distracted by things that just add busyness to our lives during the holidays.  I am going to do that again this year.  I am hoping to post it this week.

Let's enjoy this season - all the beauty and richness.  Let's focus on the Giver of all good things, and remember to give thanks for our many blessings.

5 comments:

  1. autumn doesn't last near long enough for my preferences. sure is nice taking walks with evelyn the wonder dog, having to wear a scarf, listening to the rustle of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for turning that love seat around so that you might soak in that glorious red foliage! We too thought that we were going to be bypassed by the glowing colors this fall...but color is here at last. It won't be long enough (would it ever be long enough for me?), but I am so thankful.

    We had a family meeting last night to discuss our holiday plans and desires and choices. It was enlightening to learn what is meaningful to each one. It is all coming so fast now...and we want to be ready and purposeful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful view:) Slow down and savor the moment! I need to take that same advice! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...that tree is absolutely beautiful!!! This is another reason I love this season...the color of the leaves and the nice crisp smell in the air!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it look unusual, i like it so much and i love your exclusive ideas International Decor

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...