Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Its Not Darker Now Than Its Ever Been

The show last night reminded me that the time that Christ came to earth was just as dark as it seems now.  Rome had dominated the world and insisted that everyone worship their gods, including Augustus Caesar.  Those who refused to follow the Roman way were often killed by crucifiction.  The people were heavily taxed, and life was hard for them.

They needed a savior and so do we!  One of the most powerful songs in the show is about that very fact.  

There have been dark times all through history.  Solomon told us there was nothing new under the sun.  That is true.  We may hear about it more now, in this age of technology, but its not darker now than its ever been.

We have something that those living in the time of Roman occupation didn't have.  We have the Savior!  We can walk in hope and not fear, for we know the end of the story.  Nothing will come our way, except that God allowed it.  He often used oppression to turn the eyes of His people back to Him.  For those who walk with Him, He gives Grace.

I'm looking forward to Christmas to share the truth that light has come into the world, and we no longer have to walk in darkness!
 




 

 

6 comments:

  1. You do seem to be mentioning Christmas a bit here and there! But you have to be thinking about it with the wedding! My husband keeps reminding me there have been other times in history worse than today's world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to a radio interview last night with the head of the Plymouth Society. He was talking about the conditions that led the Pilgrims to the New World and also talked about the first Great Awakening which happened during a time America was very dark spiritually. God did have His remnant and in the first (and second) Great Awakenings, there was great revival in the land. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Deanna, I am so thankful for that "Light" that came to set me free from the darkness of my sins! Have a blessed weekend!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, let's let our lights shine out in this sometimes dark world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, by virtue of the sin factor, humanity has always needed The Lord. I am so glad that He was willing to come. All our hopes rest in Him. This reminds me that I forgot to watch the preview...off to do that now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas is a great time to share the LIGHT of our lives! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...