Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Skinny Chocolate


Amy, a new friend to Creekside Cottage blog, asked me about skinny chocolate.  My friends, if you are a fan of chocolate, but you need to lose weight or just are cutting out sugar for the health benefits, this is for you!

As you know I follow the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan.  It has helped me lose weight, inches, and has helped to be healthier.  Skinny chocolate is one of the first things I made when I was just getting started.

The basic recipe is very simple.  Cocoa powder, coconut oil, and sweetener.   You can find this recipe here.

The recipe I made above has peanut butter, vanilla, and a bit of salt as well.  This recipe can be found here.

I made the skinny chocolate above with a candy mold I bought this year.  This was the first time I had used it!  It was so easy to use, but if you don't have a candy mold, any plate or shallow dish will work.  I used a wide but shallow dish for several years.  After you mix the chocolate and ingredients you pour it into your dish or mold and I put mine in the freezer.  After it hardens you can pop the candy out of the mold or break it up if done in a dish or pan, and I store mine in a ziplock bag in the freezer.  It can be kept in the fridge.  If you leave it out too long it will melt.

Its tasty, and once you get started making it, you can play around with flavorings and add caramel instead of vanilla, etc.  Some people make the skinny chocolate and pour it on frozen nuts (peanuts or almonds) and let it harden in the freezer for a nut cluster type candy.

If you don't like the taste of coconut oil, use the unflavored kind.  That is what I do, but if you like the coconut taste then use an organic coconut oil.

Let me know if you make it and if you like it.  

7 comments:

  1. I have tried a piece a lady made. It is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I may have to check out that program...I have heard a lot about it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do indeed enjoy chocolate, yours look so professional. I also use coconut oil in so many recipes, I even use it medicinally and for skin care.
    Thanks for sharing the links.
    have blessed day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coconut, this sounds simple to make.. I am leaving off sugar on my low carb diet. I was thankful this morning that I had lost another pound, 26 in all.
    Love your header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! And your new header is even more so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should try this. But let me say, i LOVE your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Deanna! Thank you so!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...