Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

After The Weekend



I had a busy weekend.  Friday afternoon, Lindsay and I made scones (both gluten free and our regular sweet scone) and lemon curd and mock devonshire cream for our friends' bridal shower on Saturday.

On Saturday, I arrived at the shower several hours early and helped to set the tables and to set up the food table.  I have no close up photos of that but you can sort of see it in one of my photos.  




The last two photos were taken with my 'selfie' stick, and I did them in a hurry.  Sorry for the poor quality!

I used white table cloths, and several of my green plants from home, a few white birds, pink and red roses, books, tiered plate holders.  I used other items to be able to have the food on the table at varying heights.  It looked really nice.

When I came home, I changed clothes and sat out on the deck, in the beautiful sunshine!  Spring has finally decided its here to stay, no more dodging back into winter.  We are about three weeks behind with our plants and flowers.




Sunday we went to lunch after church, then home for the rest of the day.  Tim, the girls, Kyle, and Kamryn went on a hike with friends.  I read and sat in the sunshine.

Yesterday, I went to lunch with a friend, and got home at dinnertime!  We had a lot of catching up to do!

How was your weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Ah, to sit in the sunshine and read...that is a little slice of heaven! Gorgeous view from your deck.

    The bridal shower sounds lovely. What event couldn't be made more delicious and sweet with scones, lemon curd, and Devonshire cream. I'm sure the bride-to-be was abundantly blessed by all you did to make the day so special.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds that you had a wonderful time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the busy shower you deserved time soaking up some Vitamin D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely shower! Showers are such fun, aren't they?

    Spring has finally sprung! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lose so many comments here. 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks wonderful, what a lovely shower...and we spent some time in the sun at the beach. I hope spring sticks around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After the busyness of the shower, sitting in the sun reading sounds like a perfect way to rest and recuperate. Glad to hear that spring has finally made an appearance.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...