Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 21, 2023

Weekend

 We had a lovely weekend. 

It started off with a whirlwind trip to Maine to attend the memorial gathering of my dear friend Vee. 



The gathering was in a beautiful state park, and the family had set up a few tables of mementos and photos of Vee's life. The people in this photo are other bloggers and our spouses. These days we mostly keep in touch through Instagram but Abby (Little Birdie Blessings) and Sara (Mrs T) and I met through Vee's blog. It was delightful to met them in person.

This beautiful lady is Vee's sister Kim, and in the background is her daughter in law, Michelle, in the black and white dress, and her son Adam standing in the blue-ish color shirt. Laurel was there but I didn't get any photos of her.

Tim and I bought flowers and made bouquets for the immediate family and I brought bouquets for Abby and Sara as well. Abby sent me this photo of what she had done with her flowers when she got home.


We drove up on Friday, and had had quite a bit of traffic. So we were inclined to head home after the memorial on Saturday. Kim's husband Steve thought that was a good idea because of the crazy Sunday traffic in the summer. 

We were glad we did that. We got home around 12:40 Sunday morning! We slept in, and then met Rachel, Wes, and our friend Justin for lunch.

The afternoon was relaxed with a visit from our friend Denny. 

People will say that online friendships are shallow and fickle, but I will tell you that some of my dearest friends have been found through social media.

The addition is being shingled today, and we have doors and windows waiting to go in! It's incredible how quickly it's coming together!


7 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Deanna! it was a joy to meet you and Tim, Abby and Bill, and such a blessing that we could all meet and remember Vee in this way. As I said to Kim, only eternity will show how many lives Vee impacted through her blog and other means. The gathering was so honoring to her and so reflective of her life.

    And thanks again for those gorgeous flowers. I'm afraid my kindle photo of what I did with them doesn't do their colors justice, so I will try and get a better one with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never hear from me that friendships (that begin) on line don't "count." They are as real as any friendships and I can't imagine my life without my blog buddies. The blog world has widened my world beyond my corner of the world, and I am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! It all turned out so perfect! Vee was such a sweetheart.
    Glad you made it home just fine!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how wonderful Deanna...I am sure Vee would wonder what all the fuss was about! A memorial gathering in the beautiful setting of the woodlands in Maine...I know how much you all must have enjoyed honoring Vee and talk about a shared friendship....thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice for you to be able to attend Vee's memorial. I was shocked when I heard the news. Great photos of the celebration of her life with her friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was lovely of you to make the trip, and yes, online friendships can be very close. I've had friends for over a decade now that I met through blogging and it's been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful of all of you to get together for our friend, Vee. Vee was a faithful friend and I will miss her insight and comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...