Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 28, 2023

Weekend

 My weekend was taken up with helping Sarah with a "critter" issue she brought home from camp. Tim and Kyle's was moving the washer and dryer around in our laundry room. 

The reason for this is because the basement under our house, and the basement under the addition will be connected through a doorway in our laundry room. Changes everywhere!

I sat out on the new deck yesterday in the late afternoon. It was lovely weather. The changing of the seasons is upon us. 


You can't see it in these photos but our Black Walnut trees are starting to drop their leaves, and our neighbors tree is turning, too. These are early turners. We won't see real change until later in September and my Red Sunset maples in the front yard often don't turn until mid October.

These photos were from October 28th last year.



The crew working here at our house are great. Hard working, diligent. They take a morning break around 9:00am and lunch around 1:00pm, and then they leave around 4:00pm. The electrician has been here for a week, the hvac guys come on the 11th and I don't know when the plumber will be here.

The new basement floors and garage floor will be poured this week. Once the subs have finished their work, the drywall will go up and we'll paint. We should be picking flooring soon, and we are starting to look at doorknobs, outdoor lights, and faucets.

These are the things that overwhelm my mom, but I love it! I'm a designer at heart!

One item we are definitely putting in the kitchen is a pot filler! Mom and I both won't be able to heft a big pot of water from the sink to the stove so this is a great solution.


                                                                         source
Of course the look of ours will depend on the faucet we choose. I think we'll go with a brushed nickel finish, and the pot filler will match.

It's been interesting to build this just to suit their needs and tastes. We have considered what their needs will be. For instance they are not disabled, but we've put 36" doors in all the new spaces. This will allow for a wheelchair should that become necessary in the future.

On a completely different subject, your comments have stopped coming to me email! I have to look into that. I had a lot of comments when I got on blogger this morning! I thank you for all your comments, it's very encouraging to me!

Did you all have a good weekend? I'd love to hear about it if you'd care to share!

3 comments:

  1. I know those days, when your first notice a change in the air and catch a glimpse of falling leaves....how very beautiful to take it all in. I so hope your design and addition to your home runs smoothly...this can be a bit of hectic time...have a great week Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ready for Fall here!!
    Love the pot filler! Wish I had one and I'm married to a Master Plumber...Lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I keep saying this . . . but, I am so excited about your addition! I absolutely love house-y things, so I enjoy watching the progress at your place. I feel like I am a cross between you and your mom. I have had major stress in choosing things for a bathroom remodel coming up this fall. I think it has become just one more thing to do during an already busy season of life and I am having trouble maintaining focus when there are changes that need to be made. On the other hand, it is an exciting challenge to design a space the way you want it and extremely rewarding to complete it. Keep us posted!

    Hope Sarah's "critter" problem is taken care of.

    We had a lovely low humidity day here today. With weather like this, it's easy to imagine that fall is just around the corner, even though next week promises to bring some scorchers!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...