Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Most Important Work I Do


is to mother these great children. I am in awe over the way God answered the desires of my heart (placed there by Him) by allowing me to be a wife and mother. It was all I ever wanted to do.

I am not the perfect mother, I have made lots of mistakes, but I am passionate about it and purposeful in it.

It is a priceless treasure to hold the affections of these wonderful people.

I am blessed beyond what I deserve.








Mother, Home, and Heaven

There are three words that sweetly blend,
That on the heart are graven;
A precious soothing balm they lend -
They're Mother, Home and Heaven!

They twine a wreath of beauteous flowers,
Which, placed on memories urn,
Will e'en the longest, gloomiest hours
To golden sunlight turn!

They form a chain whose every link
Is free from base alloy;
A stream where whosoever drinks
Will find refreshing joy!

They build an alter where each day
Love's offering is renewed;
And peace illumes with genial ray
Life's darkened solitude!

If from our side the first has fled,
And Home be but a name,
Let's strive the narrow path to tread,
That we the last may gain!

6 comments:

  1. great post. It really is an honor to raise young ones for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a blessing to raise our young ones for the Lord, but some days it's really hard. Today has been a difficult day for me and your words are a help. Thank you, Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family and a beautiful attitude about motherhood.

    I need to remember that my children truly are a treasure from heaven, even on those days it doesn't *feel* like it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Your post brought tears to my eyes.
    I love my childen so much and I'm glad to see that you feel the same for yours!
    Blessings! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being a mom too! You have such beautiful and handsome children! I feel blessed by being back in touch with you and getting to know you again! Love ya, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...