Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 23, 2011

Today

 There is beauty in my garden. 
We arrived home yesterday, to my garden in bloom!  I cute some of the peonies right away.  I adore them.  These are the ones that smell like old fashioned roses. sigh...


 We have a busy day ahead.  In Pennsylvania we must have year end evaluations for homeschooling.  Today is the day!  We are pretty much ready but need to print off our book lists, curriculum lists, etc.
 
 Guess what?  My evaluator just called and needed to reschedule! I have a day to breath now!  The Lord knows what we need!  My whole day has just eased...


 Our vacation was such a great time.  I am thankful for the opportunity to spend time with my mother in law and my sister in law.  I am thankful for time spent with our dear friends Rick and Jane!  I am thankful for friendships that are easy and you can pick up where you left off the last time you saw them!


 I am thankful for new friendships that feel like old ones!  I am thankful for my husband.  What a wonderful man he is.  


I am thankful for my parents too!  They stayed here at our home for a week, so that they could easily take care of our animals for us.  We are very blessed to have them be willing to be inconvenienced on our behalf!  Thanks Mom and Dad - we owe you lunch!  Soon!

3 comments:

  1. Everything is gorgeous! How nice to come home to all those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you have an extra day to settle back in.

    Chelsea is working to pull all of her work together today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a good visit! Time away and even a small change from the daily routine can be so refreshing. Your flowers are beautiful. My peonies are not yet open. I think mine are a little behind because of the shade in the afternoon. This will be the first year that they will bloom since I moved them. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...