Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Home Keeping

www.allposters.com

Today is, by necessity, a home keeping day.  

One side effect of organizing and sorting is trying to figure out what to do with some of the 'stuff.' I love the peace and ease of a tidy house and right now our cottage is not looking very tidy.  We will all work together and get it ship shape by time Tim gets home from work.

The kids are going to a local minor league baseball game with Grandma and Grandpa.  They are only a wee bit excited.

I can tell it is almost Autumn, the morning light looks different as does the evening.  Night comes on earlier every night.  I adore this time of year.
Have a great day, I know I will.

 I am joining Gae at Hearts for Home today!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely painting you've shared in this post...makes me want to sit on that front porch! Best wishes in your housekeeping endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture! Its so pretty. I love this time of year too. There just seems to be a sense of "calmness" in the air. Big pots of chili,the smell of woodsmoke,the scent of pumpkin candles filling up the house. Whats not to love??!! Have a wonderful blessed day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings on your day of sorting and organizing! How good you will feel at the end of the day!

    (I so enjoy "almost Autumn", too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Deanna,
    Thank you for your beautiful post.
    Yes I agree I feel so much more prepared and able to cope in an organised home. This allows more time for the important things like family.
    Thank you for joining in today. I loved looking at your blog and the similar likes we have.
    I hope you will drop by again soon.
    Blessings
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cozy days like the one you're describing where chaos will be set to rights. Now if it would only continue to do that on its own for several weeks at a time. ☺ But then, nothing left to itself improves... Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good girl! Today my mom is coming over so I will not get much done... But it's always great to see grammie!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful day!! Those are my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite time of year. I like to do fall cleaning instead of the usual spring cleaning (too busy in the garden in spring).

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deanna, it sounds like you had a wonderful day!
    It's amazing how comforting it can be to bring order into our homes.
    I hope your kids and parents had a great time at the game!
    Changing seasons are always lovely, aren't they?!
    Blessings to you ..Trish

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...