Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, November 21, 2014

Holidays: Getting A Head Start On Christmas

With Thanksgiving being a late date this year, it leaves only 4 weeks before Christmas.  I don't want to put up Christmas decor when we haven't had Thanksgiving yet, but I do love Christmas and want to enjoy it as long as possible.

My solution is to bring in a few natural things that will work for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

 I love the Colonial period of American history and have been adding more natural decor at Christmas time the last several years, so making clove studded oranges was a perfect fit.

 I simply bought some inexpensive whole cloves

 And created a pattern or two


My wiggly assistant

Then I tucked them into the trough on my table.  It fits in with the natural items used for Thanksgiving and next week I'll change out the berries and leaves for pine boughs.

I'll probably make a few more of these.  They are so easy.  It took me about 15 minutes or less to make each one.

Check out some of the ones I have found on G**gle images.




I think I may need to try a more intricate pattern!  Amazing.


6 comments:

  1. Those are lovely and perfect for both Thanksgiving and Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and they smell so good! Even getting the inexpensive cloves adds up, though, when making those all over patterns. Cutie pie assistant you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful and I am sure smell heavenly! Enjoy your week dear friend! I too am holding out on doing Christmas decorations until the Turkey is gone:) Have a blessed evening, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely. I made some years ago and covered them with cloves - they lasted year and after year stored away in a sealed container. (after they thoroughly dried) Such a wonderful smell.
    I'm getting itchy to do some Christmas arranging around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these many, many years ago but I never thought to hang them as an ornament. Your designs are creative and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever you to make those multitasking pomanders! (I love pomanders!)

    And who could ask for a cuter assistant?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...