Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sewing: Baby Quilt For Granddaughter Number Three!


Most of you know I have a darling granddaughter who is six years old.  She is going to be a big sister this fall.

This quilt is for her baby sister Klaire.




I love this material and wanted to highlight the details when quilting it.  So I quilted around the squares and around the sweet birds.


 I love how it looks on the back of the quilt!

I also made her a snuggly blankie.  Kamryn still sleeps with hers everynight!  The floral minky fabric was so cute and the pink minky the perfect backing for it!  I did a decorative stitch to bind them.

I can't wait for October!


8 comments:

  1. I love this one too! Great job, Deanna!

    You are going to be in your glory come October!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Is there a sentimental reason for the 'K' spelling on names normally spelled with a 'C?'

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Is there a sentimental reason for the 'K' spelling for names usually spelled with a 'C?'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Number 3!!! You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The patterns (birds, butterflies, and music) are really beautiful! Grandbaby #3 is blessed already ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely fabrics you have found for the babies' quilts. Love the way you have quilted around the features.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you quilted around the design. This darling feminine quilt looks just as beautiful in your photographs as it appeared in my parlor when you visited last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty fabric. I know Klaire will love it. Not only is it beautiful, but it was made with love by her grammy.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...