Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Low Carb Chocolate Cake - THM S

One thing I am not gifted at is developing recipes.  I can modify recipes to make them on plan for me, but thinking up recipes out of the blue?  That is not my gift!

I am thankful though for those who can do this, and I am happy to say that Pinterest is full of links to their websites!  I recently came across this recipe and loved it.  

At this link she shares different frostings and I tried the Salted Caramel Whipped Cream frosting.  I liked it but I would tweak it next time.  For me it was a tad too salty and too caramely, if that's a word.  I will cut back on both the salt and caramel extract next time.




                                                                        Source



I laugh when I see Gluten Free and Sugar Free, because two years ago I would have passed these recipes by.  But now, I know that these kinds of foods are healthy and allow my body to lose weight!  
The best part though is the taste.  This is a wonderfully fudgy cake.  I kept it in the fridge and ate a piece everyday, and it was just as wonderful nearly a week later.

This recipe is a keeper for me.

I have a Pinterest board full of THM  recipes.  It's gotten so big that I am going to separate it into multiple boards - one for desserts, one for main dishes, etc.  I'd love to have you follow me there.



Do any of you do low carb?  How many of you have tried Trim Healthy Mama?  Let's talk in the comments!




I'm joining Laura, Jemma, Stacey, and Laura at Thoughts of Home on Thursday and No Place Like Home with Sandi.

10 comments:

  1. I have never tried a low-carb dessert, but I can see by your description and the photo that it is fudgy! I love a fudgy cake. I will have to give this recipe a try and step out of my comfort zone!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ashamed to say that I know nothing about carbs and how to count them. I used to be able to just eat within moderation and everything was fine. That doesn't seem to be the case with menopause so I need to get a grip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do try low cal desserts but when I make them, I usually don't worry about carbs too much. When my family was growing up, I had tins of cookies and pie in the fridge all the time but not any more now that it is just Hubby and me. Once in a while I make a dessert this time of year but come wintertime, I will be baking more. We are not big cake eaters but for those that are, this one sounds yummy. And I do enjoy salted caramel anything. ;-) Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and I do try to do low carb in most everything we eat. There are so many yummy recipes out there from desserts to main dishes. I don't think I have seen the THM recipes abut I am about to start looking them up NOW! Thanks for the tip! Love the new fall look of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY!!!
    This is what I've been waiting for...CHOCOLATE CAKE!
    I have to make this, NOW! Or at least very soon, like this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do low carb and sometimes no carb, and I make some of the THM recipes. I will definitely try this as I can't resist chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to watch my carbs and eat in moderation since I've not any dietary concerns. Now sure if I'll following your board but am on my way to check. The cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think about carbs, but do not eat gluten free (and wouldn't want to). I am glad that the recipes are tasting better for those who must forgo gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm drooling over your yummy chocolate cake. I have a friend with gluten and dairy sensitivities so I've tried out some gluten- and dairy-free dishes and were pleasantly surprised to discover that they tasted good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Thm, although I've only been doing it a few months. I can't wait to try this cake. It really looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...