Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, September 30, 2016

The Deck Looks Like We Decorated For A Haunted House


After a dry and hot late summer, we eased into autumn last week with beautiful weather.  Almost like a switch had been flipped, the temperatures moderated and we had the beautiful blue skies of September.

The last few days we've had rainy, chilly weather.  Yesterday we had wind and rain.  It was the kind of day that makes you want to curl up with a blanket, a cup of cocoa and read and nap all day.

Instead I had an eye appointment for measurements of my eyes. (this is all in preparation for cataract surgery)  Then we came home and I ate a sandwich, and we headed to co-op.  After co-op we came home and I got ready to go with Tim to a dinner with the company that handles our 401(k).  It was a busy, but nice day, in spite of the blustery, rainy conditions.

As we were getting ready for bed, we had a power bump and our lights went out briefly.  Sometime in the night we must have had higher winds because we woke up to this.





Our deck canopy is shredded!  It did have a few tears in it which happens every year.  I am no longer interested in replacing it year after year, so we will have to come up with a new solution for the deck.  It does need a cover for the summer, as it gets too hot to sit outside in the direct sun, and the cover helps keep the heat out of the house, too.

The deck is not in great shape, and we are planning to replace it in the next few years, so anything we do will be a temporary fix.

We don't decorate for Halloween, so I'll be having the kids take this down today!

Have a GREAT weekend, friends!


6 comments:

  1. Awww...not quite the look you're going for, eh? Good old-fashioned umbrellas can work well because they can be lowered in bad weather, but somehow I see pergola building in Tim's future! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's turned really cool here, too. I'm dragging my feet at turning on the furnace to take the chill off... It definitely is hot soup and hot chocolate weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness. What a tragedy. I know that will be expensive to replace.
    Thankfully there wasn't more damage! It is nice to have Fall weather.
    Have a Happy and Safe Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear!! Weather pulls such surprises, doesn't it?! I am happy that your damage was limited to your deck, but that is disappointing nonetheless. I like Vee's suggestion for an umbrella as a temporary replacement. You may even be able to find something on clearance this late in the year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a surprise!
    At first look, I saw a flying dragon.
    It looks like the canopy was the only thing damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That was some wind! Glad there wasn't more damage.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...