Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Real Love, Homemade Valentine's, and Flowers

Tim and I have been sweethearts for a very long time.  Over the years we have celebrated by giving cards, flowers and gifts, or not at all.  Sometimes we've gone out to eat just the two of us and other times, I've cooked for the whole family.

Last year on Valentine's Day he had one inspection and asked me to go along for the day.  We ate lunch out and had a nice time poking around in bookstores and antique stores.

This year he also had one inspection, and asked me to go along for the day.  I did.  We ate lunch out, drove around the Main Line areas of Philly, (amazing houses!) tried to find antique stores open but most were closed. (winter hours, I guess) We talked, laughed, had dinner out, too.

Real love is not just one day a year.  It is the day in and day out choosing each other, working hard, choosing grace, choosing forgiveness.  

Kamryn and I made Valentine's the other day.  She took hers home for her family and I hung mine on my kids bedroom doors yesterday morning before I left for the day.








I also like to buy fresh flowers for Valentine's so I got some white hydrangea for the house,

and some lovely pink tulips for Rachel and Sarah.

It won't be long before they have sweethearts of their own.  In the meantime, I want them to know they are loved, by us and by the Lord.  

Tim and I are very blessed to be sharing our lives together, after all these years.  I'm grateful.

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet day! Pretty flowers and crafts! Have a blessed day dear friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you enjoyed! The girls must have loved their tulips...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post. Hearts and flowers are nice but the stuff of every day life is really what matters when it come to love. The tulips are so pretty and I am sure those young ladies were overjoyed with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindreds.

    I, too, am grateful for real life love. And, like you, I always give my girls some sort of gift as a token of our love.

    We are so blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louis Dean gave me a card and I baked BBQ chicken wings for him. He is a romantic all year long and I tend to be more practical minded. He insists on giving me roses and said he’ll wait until I get home from my trip. In my heart, I’d rather have a Rose Bush I can plant but I don’t tell him that! Anymore.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely day, spent with the one you love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My comment just disappeared! I was saying, I loved reading this post. And am so happy that you and your hubby could spend the day together. That happens only very occasionally with my husband's work, but we take advantage of the rare occurrences. So thoughtful of you to get tulips for your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making valentines has always been a favorite thing of mine. My sister and I still make sure we give each other a home made one, but this year I was able to "mass produce" it to others in the family as well. It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...