Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Poetry Teatime


I watched the girls on Monday and Tuesday.  When they are here I'm trying to keep a schedule of sorts, since that seems to work well with them.

So first up, schoolwork for Kamryn (and Kyle) then lunch.  After lunch we watch a moving during resting time.  Klaire slept during resting time both days, but as long as she lays down, she doesn't have to sleep.  She does, usually.

I told Kamryn that after resting time, we'd have tea, and she held me to it!

She picked out the tea cups, while I brewed the Chamomile tea. I put out a few cookies for them, and Kamryn put a few clementines on the plate, too.






I like to incorporate some poetry exposure during tea time so I read Robert Louis Stevenson's Autumn Fires to them and we worked on memorizing it.  Klaire just ate cookies, but Kamryn is well on her way to knowing it!


Autumn Fires

In the other gardens
and all up the vale
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail.

Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers
The red fire blazes
The grey smoke towers.

Sing a song of seasons
Something bright in all
Flowers in the summer
Fires in the fall!

by Robert Louis Stevenson


4 comments:

  1. Those girls will always remember tea time with you! What a wonderful time for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tea with the grands --- and your idea of adding the poetry is a good one. ~Podso

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter Carrie does poetry teatime with her homeschooled kids. I'm pretty sure they have memorized Autumn Fires in the past. I've always loved that poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder of his poems. So nice that you can enjoy this time with your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...