Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, October 22, 2018

Greetings On A Crisp Monday Morning

I hope you had a good weekend.  We did.  Tim and Kyle worked on splitting firewood and delivering a load to my parents, while I worked on my closet and made Chicken Tortilla Soup for dinner.

Here are a few videos of my work in my room/closet.





The white desk had been in my closet where the smaller table and mirror is now.  I didn't touch any of Tim's things (yet) and I didn't sort through the bins, but I have some things to give away, and a bag of things for the trash.  Why do we hold on to things that are stained, don't fit any more, or we just don't wear?

My chicken tortilla soup recipe is basically the one Ree Drummond makes.  I just tweaked it a little.  Also I put sour cream and cheese in mine, so it looks creamy.  I also add some tortilla chips (broken up) to it.  So delicious.



My weekend traveler (Sarah) got back safely.  They had a fun weekend with Rachel.  She said it was cold in the Adirondacks! (grin)  She got in around 10:30 last evening and had to be at work at 7:00 am this morning.  It was dark still when we left to take her to work, but the sun was rising on the way home.

I went out on the deck before the sun was above the horizon but it was light out, to take this photo.
Just past the red playhouse to the left is a rogue black walnut tree growing.  I told Tim it has to go because its ruining my view!

This is the same view last week.  The color is coming on quickly now.  My sister in law will be glad!



7 comments:

  1. Great work! Nice to see the changes and improvements. That soup looks YUM! Have a beautiful Fall day dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big color change! Your closet organization reminds me of mine. And the soup! On this wonderfully cold morning it sounds like just the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I love your closet! No walk in ones here in this old house!
    We are taking a load yo Goodwill after we vote today. Feels good to get rid of all that. Once upon a time I would cut off the buttons and zippers and cut up the fabric n the clothing to make quilts or crafts. Those days are gone. I do still save out the odd thing to repurpose but once it’s in the black bag .....and I must use black one and not one I can see through because I’ll have second thoughts about it ....then it’s gone!

    I love the fall colors! We are getting a tiny hint of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a productive weekend - yeah! And your soup looks so yummy - I might have to research that recipe and give it a try. Your view is beautiful - love the colors of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos and it sounds like a productive and enjoyable weekend. Wish I was as organized as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun to get a peek at your process! I love the mirror where you placed it. I knew you'd find just the right spot for it. (Although I think I know you well enough to know that it might reappear somewhere else in the future! :D )

    Our foliage is usually just a little past yours, so I am going to be on the lookout! I hope you and your sister-in-law have a grand time of leaf-peeping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love closet organization...makes us feel good doesn't it? Now I will say, I really love that little red house....it's so cute against all that glorious fall color!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...