Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Mirror, Mirror

I stopped in at a great store in a small town near to our cottage.  Gather Home Boutique and Furniture is a sweet place with lots of lovely painted signs and furniture, and other treasures for your home.  An acquaintance friend, has a small section of this store for her business Found and Fresh. 


My friend showed a great mirror on her instagram page for Found and Fresh that caught my eye, so I went over there yesterday to check it out.

I bought it, and a Christmas gift, but we won't talk about that yet!

Here is the mirror in terrible light.



This is a heavy wood frame, but I just love the way it looks, and I need to decide where to hang it.  The issue with where is that Tim would like to keep the desk top in the living room, so we are looking for a cabinet for it.  The likely place for that is my plate wall.  Sigh.

So depending on where the plates go (maybe to my bedroom) The mirror may go here in the living room or it may also go to my bedroom.  It could potentially go at the end of the hallway, so we'll see.

I'm working on having only things that I really love in my home, and in my closet, going by the William Morris quote:


Quote de William Morris: Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful


 Isn't that a good motto to live by?

I really love this mirror and it was only $30.00.  Can you believe it?  Do you ever buy something, not knowing exactly where you'll use it? 

9 comments:

  1. Of course, I do! All the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have bought that pretty mirror too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do! I have a picture or two right now that I've picked up second hand, sitting around waiting to find their (semi)permanent location.

    I love the William Morris quote. It certainly is a good way to control excess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rarely. As you may remember, my son feels that I have allowed my home to become “over full.” It’s an ongoing process of weeding things out. Today, however, I am considering a run to the flea market for a very specific item. Course, it’s going to require some additional culling.

    I like your mirror with all its pretty details. I hope that it can take center stage somewhere in your home and perhaps reflect a lovely view, though reflecting light is very important, too. You’ll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have been tempted by that mirror, too. Moving things around is a constant activity, it seems. That William Morris quote is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll find a place, and maybe you'll move it a time or two. It's wonderful! ~Dotsie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mirror is beautiful! I have filled my home with so many treasures - I rarely even look anymore as there's just no more room to put anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mirror is just beautiful Deanna...what a wonderful find! I absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...