Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, July 29, 2019

All Because Two People Fell In Love


This last week was all about family.  My brother and most of his family flew in from California for vacation but also to celebrate my parents landmark 60th wedding anniversary!

We've been planning for months and my sister in law is an artist who loves to create mixed media cards.  She had the idea for everyone to contribute a few photos of them with my parents, and of their family where applicable.  Also to write down memories of my parents.

She compiled them into this book of treasure - 







 There were then and now pages for Robert and I, a page for our brother David, and pages for each of our kids, and their families.  their were pockets with photos and thoughts from everyone!  Its really incredible!

A real gift of love!

Rachel's boyfriend Weston took a big family photo of all who were able to attend.  We missed my nephew Ryan and his wife Alicia and their three sons.  We also missed Emma and Vinnie and their two kids. 



Here is a silly family photo.  Everyone except Tim. He's smiling big and looking handsome!  Lol!


We are thankful for this time together, and mostly thankful that God has played such a huge role in our family since my parents were saved in the early 1970's.  We're not perfect, we've had some major disagreements, but God has been faithful to help us through them.  Growth in a process, and sometimes the path is full of twists and turns.  But God knows the way, and shines His light for us to see the way to take the next step.  Sometimes the light is brighter and sometimes its dimmer and requires more faith for that next step forward.  But God is always with us.

We have a hot humid week ahead.  The end of July is in sight, and in a few weeks we'll be starting school again.  Kyle will be starting his first year of high school work.  It'll just be Kyle and I this year.  Rachel graduates on August 18th from Word of Life.  

I hope your weekends were delight-filled as well.  I'd love to hear all about it in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. That memory book is a real treasure. It has to be one of your parents’ favorite things. How wonderful that so many were able to gather to honor your parents on such a milestone anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That keepsake book is just beautiful! I imagine your parents are thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe Rachel's time at WOL is finished--maybe it was a one year course, but it seems like she just started. More to you I'm sure. I'm glad all the celebrations for your parents went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother used to say that all the time...look what two people created...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have such a lovely family celebration for your parents' milestone anniversary!! I am sure that it meant so much to them. And the book that your sister-in-law compiled . . . a treasure indeed! I especially loved your thoughts about growth in a family and how there are struggles and difficulties . . . but our God is faithful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful memory book!! A true treasure!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...