Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tea On Tuesday

I haven't done a Tea On Tuesday post in some time, so I thought I would show you my new/old teacup.

 Isn't she lovely?  There is a story behind this teacup.  Many years ago, my great aunt gave me a teacup just like this from her collection.  It meant so much to me, that she'd give me one of her teacups.  

Several years later I used it for a tea at my church, and in the clean up process this cup got broken.  It made me sad, but teacups are just things, so life went on.


 The other morning I woke early and saw that there were some new things similar to things I'd looked at before on FB Marketplace.  I clicked and there were a collection of teacups for sale. I have a lot and don't really need more at this time, but there was this 'Florida Oranges' by Elizabethan in the group.

I contacted the seller to see if they were still available, and when they were I asked if they'd consider selling me just the one.  They agreed!



The price was very reasonable, and I would have paid more since it has sentimental value to me.



I did a porch pick up yesterday, and brought her home.


I'm happy to have a tangible reminder of my great aunt, again, and to have it be this beauty is very sweet.


6 comments:

  1. That’s a truly precious tea cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you found the perfect piece to remind you of your Great Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's just beautiful. A Providential Hand in all that, I'd say. All because He knew how much it meant to you! So pleased. And what a lovely cup and saucer it is, too!

    Happy tea drinking...
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really beautiful!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story to go with your tea cup!! It is quite pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty teacup...and a sweet story too! I'm glad you were able to replace such a special part of your teacup collection. And this one looks just perfect for summertime with the oranges. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...