Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, July 18, 2019

My Family's Favorite Granola



 My friend Bonnie shared this recipe with me.  You can see she wrote in the changes that she makes to the recipe.  I also have made changes.  I do the oats, use xylitol or coconut sugar, I use collagen in place of the wheat germ (good for you and is a source of protein).  This time I added cashews, that's what I had in my pantry, left out the sunflower seeds per request, and I added dried berries from Aldi instead of raisins.  Oh, and I used Avocado oil.



I pre-heat the oven while I mix it up, and then I spread it out into the largest pan I have.

 I bake it at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, then I stir it around and cook for about 5 more minutes.  

My family loves this stuff, and its usually gone in days!  I made this granola yesterday morning before the heat set in.  I won't be turning my oven on for days now, as its going to be in the mid 90's with humidity.  Fun stuff.

Do you make your own granola?  


These are the berries I use.  My family prefers this to raisins.





2 comments:

  1. I do make granola. Tim eats it almost every morning with yogurt and berries, frozen ones in winter. Mine is plain oats, almonds and cinnamon, with butter and honey. It always smells wonderful when I make it.
    Yours looks delicious and I can see why it wouldn't last very long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granola is a favorite around here too! And I love making it from scratch and usually change it up somehow each time. There are a couple autumn granola recipes that I want to try just as soon as the temps cool down come September or October. Like you, we're experiencing suffocating humidity and the heat indexes have been near 110 F which I'm not too fond of. Thankfully we have tons of trees near our house so it doesn't feel nearly that bad until we leave our street.

    Hope your weekend is lovely! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Good Friday