Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

This And That


Happy Tuesday Morning!  With the busyness of the holidays behind us now, I thought I'd share what's been happening here at the Cottage.

I put away the red plaid, but still wanted a pretty centerpiece for my kitchen table, which is wear we eat all of our meals.  I think this collection of transferware tea cups and saucers looks great.




Rachel's gift to me for Christmas was a 9 candle set.  They are battery operated and have a remote with a timer setting.  


I'm really loving the ease of having the remote and I love the ambiance they add in the evening.  You can find them {here.}


If you're a fan of the Netflix series The Crown, like I am, you may enjoy the official podcast! I've been listening to it and I love hearing all about each episode.


Image result for the crown podcast
                                                                         source

The Crown Podcast {here.}



Last night was the full cast read through (and sing through) for Beauty and the Beast.  These kids are so talented and enthusiastic!  Its going to be a wonderful show.  


We start back to co-op this week, and next week I host my women's small group.  We are reading through The Lifegiving Home by Sally and Sarah Clarkson.

We are busy with wedding plans.  We have Rachel's dress, have ordered the flower girl dresses.  We've ordered two dresses for Sarah to try.  The bridesmaids are all going to wear burgundy but they get to choose their own dress.

We have a venue, but now the venue manager is concerned that he may have been over enthusiastic about how many people his venue can hold.  We are going to do a square footage layout with tables and chairs etc, and see if it will work.  He's so concerned he's offering us our full deposit back on a non refundable deposit.  So....we may be changing venues.  Sigh...

I'm not worried.  It will all work out.

We are supposed to get a few inches of snow this afternoon.  It has been so mild and not winter like at all so we'll see if we actually do get snow!

What's happening with you?  Are you all back in the swing of daily life?

6 comments:

  1. Nope, not really back in the swing of daily life. We do have one more Christmas event with our oldest grandgirls who usually come on Christmas Eve. One was sick and couldn't come and they wanted to wait and come together. That was fine, so they are coming Sunday night. The tree is still up and their gifts are still under it.

    I love your winter centerpiece with the cups, saucers, and greenery. Such a cozy look! And speaking of cozy, the battery operated candles are marvelous! I should have checked for something similar in my Christmas clearance shopping.

    My oldest granddaughter was in a production of Beauty and the Beast at her high school back before Christmas. It was so well done! Just a great show and I know yours will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those battery operated candles, aren't they wonderful! I've got some fairy lights on a timer, and I just love them. It helps to have extra ambience in the dark days! Love your new table decor, so pretty! Trusting that everything will work out for the upcoming wedding, and the venue situation! All quite exciting I'm sure! Many blessings to you in this new year 2020 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for the group to be involved in the theater production. I loved participating in plays in my high school days. My two favorites were Finian’s Rainbow and Oklahoma. That ages me! I see Sarah. Have I missed Kyle?

    Wherever the wedding happens, it will be wonderful. I like your calm approach. Sometimes we must let go of the good for the best. Keep us informed.

    Fun to be back to normal pursuits. I love the battery candles. That’s quite a large set. It will be fun to tuck them in wherever a spot of light is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candles! I have one like that but your grouping is beautiful. Oh how I love wedding and all the planning, hope the venue works out or you find just the right one. Like you said, it will all work out. Enjoy your evening dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful center piece. I haven't made that blog post about the furniture yet...maybe soon.

    We took everything down Jan 1 and I have to admit the house looks pretty lonely, smiles. I am just getting ready to head back to school on the 21st for my last semester, and luckily I don't have to travel everyday.

    I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your winter centerpiece! It can be hard to find "just right" after the festive and colorful decorations of Christmas, but you've done it!

    I have a set of remotely controlled candles parading across my mantel, purchased with a Christmas gift card. I am enjoying the cozy light in the evening or on a cloudy day.

    I am Sarah will surely enjoy being in this musical! Praying with you about the wedding venue . . .

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...