Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, January 6, 2020

Home Keeping: New Living Room Furniture


Tim and I were away for several days last week, and on the day we returned home we went to IKEA.  I'd had my eye on a couch that was on sale, and that matched the color of our current couch.  

We had several pieces of furniture that had seen better days, and were falling apart or not working properly.  You can see the before of the living room {here.}


Once we got to IKEA we saw that the couch I'd been thinking of was pretty large, and it would have to be ordered and shipped if we did want it.  I needed to think about this so we looked at the chairs.  I'd been planning on getting an Ektorp chair, also.

I've seen these all over the internet, they are cottagey and have traditional style, too.  So we sat in them, sat in several others and came home with one Ektorp and a plan.

The IKEA we went to was out of stock on the Strandmon, but the other IKEA had it in stock.  Also, the vehicle we were driving didn't have room for two Ektorp chairs.  So, the next day we headed to the other store, and got our other Ektorp chair and one Strandmon.

First we removed the love seat and put the two Ektorp chairs in from of the window.

But it made it crowded by the hutch, so this morning I swapped the Ektorp chairs with the black small recliner and the Strandmon.







We will replace the black recliner with something else when we decide what we want.

Oh, and we have been gifted two very beautiful Tiffany style lamps that will be here this week.  I can't wait to show you when they get here.

I am beyond happy, and everyone else really likes them as well so win-win!

Happy Monday, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Are they comfortable? They sure look comfy. I think furniture arrangement is a science. I have been pondering it here. For one thing, one of the living room chairs has got.to.go. My sister-in-law passed it on to John and me a decade ago. I proffered her the chair when she last visited and she responded with some heat, “No thanks! Why do you think I gave it away?” LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Change outs are always exciting...
    You have a nice variety of seating options now--and so attractive,!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chairs are beautiful! I like the shape and color of the chairs, you could pair them with almost anything and they would look great!! Good choice, they look beautiful in your room!! I wish we had and Ikea in our town, but the closest one is about 300 miles away. Thanks for sharing, great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, doesn't that all look perfect and cozy! So inviting and comfortable. Lovely choices, Deanna.
    Happy New Year! Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. New furniture is always fun and I love the Ikea chairs. I have one and it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely home, smiles. I can't wait to see the Tiffany lamps. We moved my mother in-law to a furnished home (the folks left the furniture) and I ended up inheriting it as my mil did not like the furniture. It is Basset and Ethan Lane--her loss (grin) . Perhaps, I ought to do a post on it. smiles-- Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Deanna!! Those look great!! You made some great choices . . . your room looks so bright and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love rearranging furniture. Glad you like the Ikea chairs - they look good with the floral pillows, and comfort is paramount. Tiffany lamps sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new chairs look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...