Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday Five


It's the end of a busy week, and we're tired here at the cottage.  Looking forward to the slower pace of the weekend.

1. 

Our hens are laying prolificly.  I'll be making some hard boiled eggs this weekend.


2. 

The apple trees are blooming.  We planted two several years ago.  They flower every year, and one tree gets some fruit but not much.  I need to do some research to figure out what's going on.  


3. 

We have our homeschool evaluations today.  Another year finished.  When we start back in the autumn, it'll be my 24th year educating my children at home.


4. 

We had a few nice days with the windows and doors open.  Then it got to be 90 degrees yesterday, so the air conditioning is on.  We'll see if it stays this hot from now through summer.  I hope not.  

5.


With treats on CFA calendar cards, and a free sandwich for doing a survey, I took the kids to lunch yesterday.  I'd love to look so adorable eating a waffle fry. (I actually don't eat them.  I ate a cobb salad!)

I hope you have a great weekend, friends!  What are your plans?

7 comments:

  1. Great photo's, Deanna! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a change! You've been busy.
    All sorts of weekend plans. Tonight--game night. Probably Skip-O. Outdoor work, weather permitting. Sunday, invited to dinner at a friends. Etc. Etc. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Your little waffle fry eater is absolutely adorable!! Those soft, sweet curls and those little chubby arms add to the adorableness!! Melting . . .

    Pretty view out your back door. I am hoping we can squeeze a bit more spring in here between winter and summer!

    Love your new blog look! So bright and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to have the doors open, even if the sun isnt too bright. Here we have a nice day, not a lot of sun but warm enough to finish up some garden chores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also became very hot overnight it seemed. Thankfully, a cold front is going through today. I hope we get at least a little spring weather before summer arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new look of your blog! Your granddaughter is so sweet! It has been brutally hot here the last two days . It's supposed to be cooler for a while. I hope so !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at her curls! You seem to have a new blog look but it could be my computer. You are a veteran homeschooler and I can't think of a better kind of veteran.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...