Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Wild Violets


Living in a country neighborhood, we have a lot of wild flowers.  Dandelions, clover, chickory, daylilies, wild mustard, Queen Anne's Lace, and wild violets.

They are sweet, and I love seeing them blooming in the grass, along with other plants people consider weeds.  Here in the country we aren't worried about having grass only, I just like it to be green, and reasonably easy to mow!



Sarah picked a small jarful yesterday, and they were a sweet surprise this morning when I opened the front curtains and saw them in the window.

Do you like wildflowers?

9 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful...and I think I like wildflowers best of all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love living in the country and I love wildflowers too! Many people call see weeds but I choose to see wildflowers! Your bouquet of violets is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and the pictures of wild violets evoked a childhood
    memory of picking these sweet blossoms for a tiny vase
    in the kitchen. thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do! We don’t have much here at home but certainly in the country! I planted a box of shade loving wildflowers here in our back flowerbed and a box of sun loving ones in the front. Will be fun to see if any come up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Have you ever tried making violet jelly? I've been meaning to for a few years, but never quite find the time. I would imagine that those beautiful flowers could make the pretties jar of jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love wildflowers and have a special wildflower garden that our daughter (now in her 40s and a mom of 4) planted as a teen. Violets are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! And yours are so very pretty sitting there in your window! Good job, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely. Mine have such short stems that I can't really pick them. I love Queen Anne's lace and pick it from the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My lawn is full of little wild violets, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...