Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, February 22, 2008

Why I Haven't Posted

I have been a member of a sewing message board for quite a while, though I have only recently begun to post. I usually just "lurk", amazed at the abilities of these seamstresses!
Jennie Chancey has wonderful period patterns. I, not being sure I was up to her original pattern, purchased the regency pattern that she did for Simplicity.



I made a dress for Lindsay and Emily from this pattern, though Emily ended up giving her dress to a friend. I showed these dresses before, from our Jane Austen Christmas Ball.



These were so wonderful to make and I loved seeing the girls in them. The only thing lacking was a Regency style dress for my younger daughters. Then, I remembered that Jennie Chancey has a girls pattern. I quickly purchased it, planning Easter dresses, bought material that the girls wanted for their dresses, and waited for the pattern to arrive. It arrived Tuesday, and I started sewing Wednesday. I finished them up this morning!

http://www.sensibility.com/

Take a look!


Sarah looks terrific in this Raspberry color. Of course she must have matching "ribbon" for her hair and that turned into a darling curly bun.

This pattern is a dream! The bodice is fully lined, and you can line the skirt as well if you wish.
Rachel who is loving the color Orange these days, chose this material which has small cream flowers on it. Rachel plans to wear a cream color ribbon with her dress. The last photo is a close up of Sarah's hair - didn't it turn out cute?



5 comments:

  1. The dresses turned out great!
    I was just about to head to bed when I noticed a sweet comment from you...this gave me hope that your post was up about the dresses.
    Ta-da! Here it is.
    Love them...love the girls in the dresses even more!
    Great hair-do, Miss Sarah.
    Rachel, that orange is very becoming.
    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls love them so much they slept in them last night!

    These would be fun to make in a lightweight denim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are too precious! I love the dresses and her hair is so cute! I only know how to sew by hand and don't have a sewing machine, but I really want to get into it, looks like tons of fun... and you accomplish so much :) Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  4. These patterns are so great. And they come printed on heavy paper. I use a material similar to interfacing that has a grid on it. I trace the pattern on it, do all the markings and then I can reuse it over and over again! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Auntie Dee I love the pink one! She looks so very cute in it! I also like the orange one, its cute and happy feeling!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...