Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Bit Of Garden Work

www.allposters.com


After attending a great graduation last night, I have spent the morning working a wee bit in the garden and mowing.  It takes about an hour and a half to mow the grass areas we have here on our property.  Thankfully we have a riding mower, or I would never finish the mowing!

A benefit to doing this besides getting out into nature, is that I plug in my earbuds and listen to my ipod.  I have lots of good music on it, as well as a lot of good sermons and conference speakers.  I listen mostly to messages, things that are harder for me to listen to in the house without being interrupted.  Music is always playing in our home or car and that is easy to listen too, even when little people want to tell you stuff.  This is why I got my ipod.

This afternoon we are going to a family thing, and then it is supposed to rain.  This will be good for our garden.

What ever you are doing today, I wish you much joy in the doing!




3 comments:

  1. I used to love to mow, but now I have boys for that! (Besides we don't have a riding mower anymore!)

    It's always good to listen to messages. I used to do it more when my children were younger. Now, I enjoy the QUIET when I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my house back under control after a couple of very hectic weeks.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I did have joy in my doing? I always have fun with my family, because I receive so much love.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...