Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Welcome


Here is the result of the sneak peak I showed you.  I LOVE it!  We hung it on the arch that leads into the small garden at the front of the house.



Here is what it looks like from further away - We painted the picket fence today and the arch got a fresh coat of paint as well!  It was very hot and humid, but with Tim, Emily, Lindsay and I all painting it went fast!  A few months ago, Lindsay, Rachel and I painted the picket fence with primer so we were already to go!


I think my lamppost needs to be painted next!  I also did some other spray painting today as well.  



This is one of the projects.  I bought this 'cottage' sign at JoAnn Fabric two weeks ago on clearance.  It was marked down from $19.99 to $5.99! It originally was white but as soon as we hung it I knew it needed to be red!


I know it is hung a bit oddly, but it is hiding a hole in the siding.  My parents are going to be adding an inlaw quarters on to our home, in the next few years, and so we need to wait to reside the house.   I like being able to use something I like to disguise flaws.



Here you can see the new flower pot for the front stoop.  Don't really have a porch, yet...oh, and you can see a few of the strawberries that we are starting to harvest from our patch.


So, I have been having a bit of fun with the outdoor decor.  Tune in sometime this weekend to see what else I have been painting!

9 comments:

  1. We've been painting outside this month too. We'd waited too long between painting, and had to scrape, sand, prime and then paint (and sometimes repaint).
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red really looks nice with the yellow and white.

    I love that sign too.

    Do you think that will get your guests to use the front door?
    Maybe....but you know what they say about friends and back doors.

    See you...

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your red flower pot on the stoop. (And that's what I call a cement pad in front of the house, too, but I think that's strictly a PA thing, don't you?)

    The cottage sign is cute! I'm anxious to see the pictures as the addition (although I know it will be awhile) happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,

    We love our backdoor guests! They will have to pass the welcome sign though, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am back.
    Did you see that Bee has been posting?
    I did a welcome post.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your "Welcome" sign as well as the red "Cottage". It looks great.

    I hope all will go well for Nate and Kay.

    See ya Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...